Re: hmmm

From: William Loughborough <love26@gorge.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 19:41:17 -0700
To: "w3c-wai-ig@w3.org" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Lovey: "Accessibility isn't an on-off binary condition, though."

Kynn: "In fact, it's not a quantifiable state at all."

WL:: Perhaps both of those statements are in some sense true but the
important thing is that it is *definable*, i.e. it is what some standard
definition says it is and that's why all these working groups are doing
their appointed tasks.  It is misleading (and provides ammunition to
people who would ignore accessibility) to pretend that this is such an
elusive beast that it is hopeless to try to delineate, define, or even
to quantify it.  We will always have some disagreements as to what
really is most important, etc. but fundamentally we want to set some
standards so those who would or must provide accessibility will have
some means of telling when they have done so.
--
Love.
            ACCESSIBILITY IS RIGHT - NOT PRIVILEGE