Re: Lynx and frames (gossip)

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-hwg@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 09:31:26 -0700
To: Al Gilman <asgilman@access.digex.net>
Cc: rich@accessexpressed.net, w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
At 03:40 p.m. 08/13/98 -0400, Al Gilman wrote:
>I found it interesting that the "buzz" among the professional web
>designers in the audience at Rob Neff's seminar was clear and
>unambiguous, at least to my eavesdropping ears.
>  Frames are an unmitigated disaster, to be avoided like the
>  plague.
>  Clients think they are cool.
>  They are hard to make work right across different browsers.
>  They are hard to maintain.
>  Just not worth the trouble.

I concur with Al's gossip -- it's rare to see a set of frames
done "right", and usually requires either complex code or
double the work in order to maintain the pages correctly.

I don't make frames on client sites if I can avoid it.

--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@hwg.org>
Vice President, Marketing and Outreach, HTML Writers Guild