Re: Macs, anyone?

It's people, not machines.

>On Wed, 12 Aug 1998, William Loughborough wrote:

>Have we been (are being?) blind (pun intended) to this because it might
>account for a large area of the biggest problem - the Web design
>attitude that holds appearance to transcend in importance the "content"?

Macintoshes are not responsible for inaccessible web design any more than
PageMaker is responsible for poorly-designed publications. It's all about
educating web authors, regardless of their tools, and that means we need
guidelines that are clear and understandable.

The new guidelines _are_ an improvement, thank you, WAI. Keep at it.

And I won't jump onto my 25-year-old soapbox about graphic designers who
fall in love with their design at the expense of the information they are
supposed to deliver.

- tom

tom mcCain, Butler University, Indianapolis USA

Work phone: 317 940-8138
Email address: tmccain@butler.edu
Web addresses: http://trevor.butler.edu/~tmccain
               http://www.crittur.com