Twisties re notes/domino

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charlesn@sunrise.srl.rmit.edu.au>
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 1998 12:03:39 +1000 (EST)
To: WAI <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
I have not seen these twisties, so I am guessing a bit here, but

It seems that the twisties should be covered by the GL recommendation -
use meaningful links.

As I read this discusssion, that means that the associated text should be
prt of the link.

I am imagining something like some websites use, where a list uses
graphic bullets which are links, while the explanatory text is not a
link. This seems to me counter to the idea behind hypertext such as HTML,
which makes it possible for the text itself to be active, rather than the
old Prestel-type systems, which simply provided for linking of objects,
nd text descriptions of what the links might be.

If the Notes/Domino solution cannot provide that (and I would be
surprised if that were the case) then it is a poor solution indeed. On
the other hnd, it does highlight the fact that this is not necessarily
simple, and people need to understand their tools.

Charles McCathieNevile