RE: My comments on tables vs image maps

From: Shurel Reynolds-Hartman <shurel@mind-work.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 09:57:15 +0200
To: "'WAI'" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
I agree on all points except one, i.e., (3).
If we stick to the topic of image maps.

> 3. The argument is that most (or all?) versions of Netscape
> and Explorer cannot be configured to 'Text' mode.
> They present "alt" text is a small size font, even if it
> is H1.

In an image map, we don't need headers <H1>, or do we? Image maps are nothing but navigation means via points.

> Also in graphical media with no mouse (e.g. tv )
> image maps constitute a very serious usability
> problem.

Well if the link of the image map cannot be reach, I suppose that the normal links cannot be reached either.

Shurel.