counters

From: Kristine Bradow <kbradow@ece.eng.wayne.edu>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 16:27:34 +0100
To: "w3c-wai-ig@w3.org" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Cc: David Sant <sdavid@ece.eng.wayne.edu>
Hi,

I'm a bit of a web design novice, and I want to implement a counter on
my lab's web page. I've been rudely surprised by all that is involved in
creating counters in the first place--PERL nightmares on top of the
HTML. Plus, I've been doing my best to follow the W3C accessibility
guidelines to keep the page accessible, so I was wondering if anyone had
any tips on creating "accessible counters," or is there is any such
thing as an "accessible counter." Do they typically cause problems?
Especially with the scripting involved?

Any advice would be *greatly* appreciated!

Thanks,
Kristine