right on!

From: William Loughborough <love26@gorge.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 07:55:52 -0800
To: "w3c-wai-ig@w3.org" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Ree Dolloff writes: "Now, let's tackle the issue of all the corporations
listed as members/supporters of the WAI whose own sites aren't
accessible... "

WL:: Of course this is exactly the kind of "tread lightly" issue that we
*must* grip on both this (ig) list and in Education & Outreach.  Judy is
quite well aware of its importance and one thing she mentioned at the
face2face was that there is in the E & O a sense of "inreach" as well.
Many of us work for the companies in question and are actively seeking
accessibility goals but we need lots of support and ammo.  Politically
and strategically it may be more useful (and comfortable) for webwatch
to put that pressure (again the recommend/demand dichotomy rears its
beautiful head) so Ree's idea of a WAI seal of approval might be more
believable if it were a webwatch citation. Since Bobby's logo is a
British policeman...  The man from CAST might consider having a non
4-star site show the author in jail!  Just kidding, David.
--
Love.
            ACCESSIBILITY IS RIGHT - NOT PRIVILEGE