RE: Force Feedback Mouse for Blind Users (ref. Hardware for Bind Accountants)

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charlesn@sunrise.srl.rmit.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 16:23:22 +1100 (EST)
To: WAI <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Chris. I can download pdf reader on my desktop and read the stuff - it
doesn't work on my laptop. Although Acrobat is free it comes at a
hardware cost - plain text on the other hand, assuming the document can
be rendered in text (some diagrams are VERY difficult to explain) is free
and works on existing hardware without a problem. (This point is why I am
forwarding the answer to a private question back to the list)

Chris Hasser wrote that he could create a plain text version of his pdf
document if it was needed, and that he knew a blind person working for
Adobe who had no problems with pdf.

Thoughts anybody?

Charles McCathieNevile
Sunrise Research Laboratory
RMIT University

My thoughts, questions etc are my own, and at my work we argue about this
stuff every so often...