Re: Force Feedback Mouse for Blind Users (ref. Hardware for Bind Accountants)

I have already been working with the Immersion force feedback technology on
the Windows95 / DirectX platform. My goal is to craft extensible libaries
of force feedback behaviors and sensations that can then be "plugged in"
other Windows applications to enhance the user experience.

From my assessment of this force feedback technology developed by
Immersion, I am VERY impressed - I really believe this technology opens up
INCREDIBLE!! new opportunities to create new and exciting applications /
interactive environments.

As a developer, I would be happy to work with anyone interested in
developing applications or concepts related to force feedback technology.
If anyone would like to team-up on these type of concepts or ideas, or if
anyone has any suggestions, feel free to email me.

Thanks,

Dan Bogstad
dbogstad@metrixtech.com

At 09:40 AM 2/11/98 -0800, Chris Hasser wrote:

>In November, at Comdex, Immersion announced a force feedback
>computer mouse (the FEELit) that would be targeted at mainstream
>computer users and would sell for $139 at the end of 1998.

Dan Bogstad - Systems Engineer
dbogstad@metrixtech.com
Metrix Technologies
317 East Diamond Ave.,  Suite 202