--------------------------------------
Date: 2/9/98 7:55 PM
To: Larry Goldberg
From: Robert C. Neff
Has anyone done any studies on the best font to use for people with
disabilities or for the general public?  We are producing a new web site
and have not heard of any studies relating to this. Also...

I have never been a fan of Times New Roman on the web because it can be
difficult to read with my
astigmatism.  Also graphic artists can use anti-aliasing to fool the eye.

I also do not believe (personal opinion) that the studies for written or
printed text can be easily transposed to the web environment.  I am not
seeing this type of research.  Do you know of any?

I was hoping there was definitive research in this area "font selection on
the web"

Lastly, style sheets are good for an intranet or extranet - not for an
internet.  We have identified our target audience and we are developing for
the lowest common "browser" (Microsoft or Netscaep 2) and text based.
 Therefore style sheets are not for us -darn!

thanks...rob