Hardware Requirements for Blind Accountants

From: jan katz <jkk@umich.edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 98 9:21:55 EST
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Original text
From: dpaschke@mail.well.com (Douglas Paschke), on 2/9/98 2:51 PM:
To: <jkk@umich.edu>

My dear Jan;

The www is a drag for me to use - I don't use it much due to the graphical
mess as it appears to me. I have heard of talking programs that will work
with web pages. It is heavy-duty software that would require a PC much more
powerful than my 486 33mh. However, in June I expect to replace my system
with a Pentium II, and Windows 98. That should help. The problem is that
the
industry changes so quickly that it is difficult for the talking programs
keep up. If they adopt standards for designing web pages for the disabled
in mind it may alleviate(sp?) this problem.

Jan Katz   jkk@umich.edu
Univ. Michigan Benefits Office
G405 Wolverine Tower
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1278