High-end punctuation (was RE: mdash)

From: Linda M. Cunningham <linda.cunningham@his.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 1998 10:49:20 -0700
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

David Pawson wrote:

>	The quick and dirty is to avoid using them - there are
>alternatives.

This is true, but as a writer and editor, I would rather not have to edit
work around not being able to use punctuation that is appropriate to the
content I am producing for the web site.

I've been lurking for a week or so on this list, and unless I missed it,
there hasn't been any mention of rewarding sites that do conform to WAI
standards -- only ways to fix "bad" sites.  Perhaps the carrot approach of
letting appropriate sites display a "WAI-compliant" logo would encourage
more content providers to ensure their sites are friendlier.  Thoughts?

Linda