RE: ABBR and ACRONYM

From: Pawson, David <DPawson@rnib.org.uk>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 1998 16:30:35 -0000
To: "'Matthew Lye'" <mlye@trentu.ca>, David Poehlman <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

>   But I gather that you are
> thinking of a mark-up to browser to screen reader chain, rather than
> direct parsing of the mark-up by a text-to-speech browser.
	[Pawson, David]
	No, I was thinking that we need to identify them. Treatment of
them can
	be localised (I would only expand them when outputting to a text
to speech
	system, inserting the spaces - a browser app may treat them
differently.
	My main request is that they be identified by being tagged,
which permits
	treatment of them! If they are unidentified, then we can't treat
them other than
	as plain text.)

	regards, DaveP