RE: WAI Guidelines Naming

if we named it  "user interface guidelines"  where would be put the info
about how the browsers or user agents should deal with html etc.   there
are more than interface issues that we want browser mfgrs to talk address.

From:	Jason White [SMTP:jasonw@ariel.ucs.unimelb.EDU.AU]
Subject:	Re: WAI Guidelines Naming

At the risk of further complicating the nomenclature debate, I would like
to suggest "user interface guidelines" instead of either "user agent" or
"client software" guidelines. This title at least emphasises the nature of
the subject matter. Specific issues relevant to the user interface of
HTML editing software and similar products would be treated in the
authoring tool guidelines, however. The user interface guidelines
themselves would still provide basic parameters, but concentrate more on
client software, including both user agents and assistive technologies.
Perhaps a compromised title such as "WAI client software user interface
guidelines" would be best.