Information systems for disabled people - advice

From: Ilidio Oliveira <ioliv@inesca.pt>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 15:24:46 +0000
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Hi,

I've been lurking on this list for a while. I understand that you all are
really concerned about improving the web for the disabled people. That's
why I'd like to ask you for advice.

Last June, I've completed my Computer Science course. Since then, I've been
working in a Portuguese research institution. I'm considering to go for a
Master degree (MSc) next Autumn.

As you know, besides the scholar part, there's an application thesis/work,
regarding some specific field. The purpose of this mail is to invite you
all to advise me subjects/guidelines/fields for a master degree thesis,
concerning the disabled people, of course, and computer science (something
under the generic title: information systems for disabled people). I really
think there's work to be done on this field; besides, I'd really love to do
some serious research/work to improve the disabled people quality of live.

Your advice is welcome. Please, feel free to detail your ideas.

To the Europeans fellows: any advice on related scholarships or European
projects?

Thanks in advance.

Ilidio Oliveira

Ilidio Oliveira (ioliv@inesca.pt or ilidio.oliveira@usa.net)
INESC - Aveiro (+351.34.370500)
PORTUGAL

* EXPO'98 - The millenium latest world wide exhibition
(http://www.expo98.pt) *