Re: ABBR and ACRONYM

On Thu, 29 Jan 1998 15:57:52 -0500 (EST), Al Gilman
<asgilman@access.digex.net> wrote:

>Actually, in the final Recommendation both are there.
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/struct/text.html#edef-ABBR
> http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/struct/text.html#edef-ACRONYM

Oops -- sorry I was referring to a version I downloaded a
while ago -- I didn't realize it had been updated, I'll go
and download the latest version mow.

On another subject has anyone had any bright ideas about
what to do with mdashes -- one site I've been helping with
has been using two regular dashes, like this: -- and I've
been using &#151; on another site. However I've now realized
that while &#151; works OK it's not in the ISO character
set. And what is concerning me more is how speech
synthesizers would deal with this, anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Chris

chris@atomism.demon.co.uk
http://www.atomism.demon.co.uk/