Re: auto-translation

From: HowRose <HowRose@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 19:10:54 EST
To: asgilman@access.digex.net
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
In a message dated 98-01-23 17:16:15 EST, asgilman@access.digex.net writes:

<< Howard,

 One of the things I have been curious about is the state of
 text-to-sign translation into ASL, for example.

 Do you happen to know about that?

 -- Al Gilman >>

No I am not aware of any such software. There are software that allow you to
type a word and it will give you the sign for it.  However, because ASL has a
drastically different grammar structure from English, I have yet to see a
software that is able to translate from text to ASL.  I will ask around and
get back to you.