Re: ALT tools (was: Censorship by laziness)

At 12:12 1/23/98 -0500, Larry Goldberg wrote:

>This seems like an awfully cumbersome technological fix to a
>fairly easily solved problem in Web access.  Our experience in one-
>on-one discussions with webmasters is that of all the access fixes
>they're willing to deal with, remembering to include alt-text tags is the
>easiest and most readily accepted.  The proposal basically lets them off
the hook
>of the first thing they are willing to do.

Hi Larry,

I agree that the question is how to best help web page authors to find the
problem - how they intend to solve the problem is another question and is
probably a function of what authoring tools they use etc.

From a personal point of view, what I want is a tool that I can easily use
to run over my set of resources and tell me where there are missing ALT
tags. This was the reason for adding the functionality to the libwww robot
in the first place [1].

Henrik

[1] http://www.w3.org/Robot/

--