Re: site fixer

From: Chris Maden <crism@ora.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 12:32:45 -0500
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
William Loughborough said:
> I would like to credit Greg Rosmaita with having done "by hand" some
> of what we are proposing to do automatically.  He would locate bad
> HTML that resulted in inaccessibility and suggest, with example
> code, to the author how to make things better.

and others have commented on the same line.

XLink (currently part of XLL, the linking specification for XML) has
interesting applications here.  An accessibility service could add
annotations to sites they do not control; Greg could not only suggest
these corrections, he could implement them as external links on a page
well-publicized within the visual-impairment community.  Anyone
information.

-Chris