site fixer

From: William Loughborough <love26@gorge.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 08:58:33 -0800
To: "w3c-wai-ig@w3.org" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
I would like to credit Greg Rosmaita with having done "by hand" some of
what we are proposing to do automatically.  He would locate bad HTML
that resulted in inaccessibility and suggest, with example code, to the
author how to make things better.

The HTML 4 updater from the French Electric Company in connection with
Daniel's magic server will be a great help, with one remaining problem:
bad tags.  The consumer must play a role in fine-tuning what is best in
that regard.

We have had long discussions about descriptive text preferences, even to
the point of whether bulleted items have sounds, titles, or catchy words
associated with them.  Perhaps third party systems could allow each to
have her own preference prevail in some of these regards.
--
Love.
            ACCESSIBILITY IS RIGHT - NOT PRIVILEGE