Re: Censorship by laziness

From: Al Gilman <asgilman@access.digex.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 11:00:42 -0500 (EST)
To: kasday@att.com (Kasday, Leonard)
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org, mlye@trentu.ca
to follow up on what Kasday, Leonard said:

> Matt's idea of an application that searches for images with missing alt
> text is a good one.   I'd suggest an enhancement:  An application that
> pops up the web pages that have missing alt text, and puts text entry
> fields next to each image where the ALT text is missing.    The user
> then just types in the ALT text into each field.
> Of course, building this into web tools, would be best.

The eventual goal is that it is intrinsic in the formats and
automatic in all the tools.

In the mean time we have walk-before-run scenarios to develop.

I like Leonard's idea of combining a bad-page search engine with
a swift-fix authoring station.  It will have more zing if you are
demonstrating how easy it is to fix arbitrary pages pulled at
semi-random off the Web.  Not canned toy examples.

People who can contribute components for such a demo should talk
to Liddy <liddy@rmit.edu.au> about WWW7.

-- Al Gilman