Re: Censorship by laziness

From: Al Gilman <asgilman@access.digex.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 11:00:42 -0500 (EST)
To: kasday@att.com (Kasday, Leonard)
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org, mlye@trentu.ca
to follow up on what Kasday, Leonard said:

> Matt's idea of an application that searches for images with missing alt
> text is a good one.   I'd suggest an enhancement:  An application that
> pops up the web pages that have missing alt text, and puts text entry
> fields next to each image where the ALT text is missing.    The user
> then just types in the ALT text into each field.

[snip]

> Of course, building this into web tools, would be best.

ASG::

The eventual goal is that it is intrinsic in the formats and
automatic in all the tools.

In the mean time we have walk-before-run scenarios to develop.

I like Leonard's idea of combining a bad-page search engine with
a swift-fix authoring station.  It will have more zing if you are
demonstrating how easy it is to fix arbitrary pages pulled at
semi-random off the Web.  Not canned toy examples.

People who can contribute components for such a demo should talk
to Liddy <liddy@rmit.edu.au> about WWW7.

-- Al Gilman