Re: questions raised about wc3 authority

Jason White said:
>I fail to appreciate what relationship this topic has to the Web
>Accessibility Initiative, or how it can be regarded as being of special
>significance to people with disabilities as contrasted with the community
>of web users at large. I would respectfully suggest that this thread ought
>to be moved to a more appropriate forum. I am sure that there is at least
>one public mailing list devoted to PICS and related issues.

Double oops.  Totally agreed.  As my first introduction to PICS came via
the thread-initiating message, I assumed that the topic fell within the
parameters of 'web accesibility'.  I should have kept better track of
which mailing list was for what purpose.

would appear to be devoted to information and requests for clarification
about the technical aspects of PICS.  I will make inquiries.  Since this
would appear to be the first time W3C activities have directly raised
ethical questions, there may not yet be an appropriate forum.

With regards to copyright, it is most likely that the transcription of
the article falls within the fair use provisions;  it is certianly within
the spirit, if not the letter.

If one of the other miscreants finds a better forum than pics-info, would
that person please e-mail me.

Matt Lye.
mlye@trentu.ca