W3C/WAI releases Working Draft of "WAI Accessibility Guidelines: User Agent"

From: Judy Brewer <jbrewer@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 13:07:12 -0400
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
To: W3C/WAI Interest Group Participants
Date: June 18, 1998

I am pleased to announce that the W3C today released the first public
Working Draft of the "WAI Accessibility Guidelines: User Agent."

Many thanks to members of the WAI User Agent Guidelines Working Group and
to Jon Gunderson, the Chair of the group; also to the WAI Interest Group
participants who have contributed comments to development of this Working
Draft.  The coming months will be an important period for continued
involvement and input as we move this document towards a W3C Proposed
Recommendation.

The press release is available at http://www.w3.org/Press/1998/WAI-UAGL in
English and Japanese.

The Working Draft is available at http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-WAI-USERAGENT.

The Working Draft released today focuses on browser and player
accessibility, and complements a previous guidelines release "WAI
Accessibility Guidelines: Page Authoring" which addresses page design and
development.  We are also developing a parallel set of authoring tool
guidelines.

Additional information about WAI is available at http://www.w3.org/WAI.

Regards,

Judy Brewer
Judy Brewer   jbrewer@w3.org     617-258-9741
Director, Web Accessibility Initiative International Program Office
World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
MIT/LCS Room NE43-355
545 Technology Square, Cambridge MA 02139 USA
http://www.w3.org/WAI