Re: Why OBJECT has no LONGDESC

From: Al Gilman <asgilman@access.digex.net>
Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 10:33:19 -0400 (EDT)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
to follow up on what Jason White said:

> Two questions follow. Firstly, should this not be considered a "user
> agent" issue...?
>
> It might also be asked whether the foregoing is an "accessibility" issue
> or just a question of good design practice.

Yes, what browsers do with LONGDESC and OBJECT will affect what
we should tell authors to do with them.  And the consistency
across browsers in how these elements are handled will affect our
success in getting authors to follow the guidelines.

So, I would like to encourage people who have found this thread
"seamless..."  interesting to follow through and pay attention to
what the Browser Guidelines say or should say about these
features.  Read the draft.  Comment to the WAI-UA group.

Al