Re: Why OBJECT has no LONGDESC

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charlesn@sunrise.srl.rmit.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 11:19:13 +1000 (EST)
To: Al Gilman <asgilman@access.digex.net>
cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org, paul.adelson@citicorp.com
The other case which Al did not account for (and nor have I in thinking
about OBJECT before, but I will be working on it Monday ;) is where users
are not viewing any images etc to speed their browsing, but still want to
know when to pick up an image. A link to the image inside the content of
the object would be very helpful for such users, as well as a link to the
description.

Charles McCathieNevile

[Some stuff about using objects]