RE: Seamless Accessibility (was Re: your mail)

At 12:59 p.m. 05/23/98 +1000, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
>Right now I am using a text-only connection to read my mail and browse.
>When I come to a page designed as Liam describes, I will have no ideas
>what that page will be like if I swap to a full PPP connection and a
>graphical browser. Let alone knowing what the objects I cannot see are.

>This is discrimination on a massive scale.

"Discrimination"?  How?

If you want a browser that will tell you when an image is there,
you should use one, or write one if it doesn't meet your needs.

You could always view source on pages if you like; you may get better
luck reading Liam's pages in raw HTML than in a text-only browser.
All of the information for your graphical browser _is_ still in
there.  He's _still_ giving the same information to everyone.

It's not his fault that your text browser doesn't give you more
information.

--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@hwg.org>
Vice President, Marketing and Outreach, HTML Writers Guild