RE: Microsoft FrontPage

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-hwg@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 13:43:25 -0700
To: "Charles (Chuck) Oppermann" <chuckop@MICROSOFT.com>
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
At 01:12 p.m. 05/21/98 -0700, Charles (Chuck) Oppermann wrote:
>I'm only offended if you don't tell me how we can make it better.  Any
>comments you send me on the list or privately will get forwarded directly to
>the FP team.

Well, FP's improved in later versions.  I don't use it myself --
I don't use _any_ HTML authoring crutch^H^H^H^H^H^Htool, save
for vi/notepad/lemmy.  However, my wife and I have basically
discovered that whenever we find a really bad page -- it was
almost always FrontPage generated.

This may simply be a problem with user education rather than
something the FP _programmers_ can fix.  I dunno.  Perhaps
FrontPage and other tools make things a little _too_ easy?
(Which goes against what I said previously, a little -- however
I think that things should be easy _and_ produce good code.)

As I said, FP is better than it was, and as I don't use it,
I'm afraid I don't have any specifics that are worth passing
along.

--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@hwg.org>
Vice President, Marketing and Outreach, HTML Writers Guild