RE: Using Opera

From: David Norris <kg9ae@geocities.com>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 22:14:14 -0500
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
I have a registered copy of Opera.  It seems like a decent browser.  I don't
use it often, though.  The current version seems like no more than a MDI
variation on NCSA Mosaic.  I don't like the fact that it is a relatively new
browser that costs $35 and doesn't support CSS.  The only way to manipulate
rendering is with HTML 3.2 or HTML 4 transitional markup.  One more reason
for people to use deprecated HTML markup.  I would really like it if it was
as revolutionary as 'the press' says.  Give me CSS and I will follow.  I
don't really care if it supports Java, ActiveX, Javascript or anything.  I
just want it to handle not supporting them.  I haven't tested its handling
of objects, I just thought that I should mention it.

That is my take on Opera.  In general, I think that it has great potential.

,David Norris

Illusionary Web - http://illusionary.dyn.ml.org/ <-- 02:00 - 10:00 GMT
Video/Audio Phone - callto:illusionary.dyn.ml.org
Page via mail - 412039@pager.mirabilis.com
ICQ Universal Internet Number - 412039
E-Mail - kg9ae@geocities.com