RE: HTML produced by non-experts

From: David Norris <kg9ae@geocities.com>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 10:21:05 -0500
To: "'WAI'" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
>We have a header on every page and while this is great for the visual
>browsers (Netscape, IE, etc) we have found it to be annoying in voice
>browsers.  Any comments?  Also made the buttons bigger to assist those with
>low vision.

I agree that this is a problem.  It will likely continue to be such for a
while.  My only suggestion is that the browser makers support <LINK> better
(Hint Hint, Microsoft; IE5?).  You know, like NCSA Mosaic.  Mosaic creates a
toolbar with buttons for each <LINK>.  It uses the rel/rev, title, and href
of <LINK> to create icons, labels, and links for the buttons.  It is
analogous to the 'links' toolbar in IE only it changes for each page.

,David Norris

Illusionary Web - http://illusionary.dyn.ml.org/ <-- 02:00 - 10:00 GMT
Video/Audio Phone - callto:illusionary.dyn.ml.org
Page via mail - 412039@pager.mirabilis.com
ICQ Universal Internet Number - 412039
E-Mail - kg9ae@geocities.com