Re: Using htlm editors to produce clean code?

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-hwg@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Sat, 16 May 1998 18:09:24 -0700
To: LBehrens <LBehrens@worldnet.att.net>
Cc: A.Flavell@physics.gla.ac.uk, w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
At 05:42 p.m. 05/16/98 -0700, LBehrens wrote:
>Does anyone out there know a way to force the Composer segment of
>Netscape Communicator to include a DOCTYPE declaration, as a step
>toward validation and accessibility, as requested by the original
>poster?

Unfortunately, Composer doesn't even seem to maintain the doctypes
I've set when loading them; e.g., http://www.cgu.edu has 4.0
Transitional set on it, but if I load it in Composer, the doctype
mysteriously vanishes when I view/edit the source.

*grumble*

--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@hwg.org>
Vice President, Marketing and Outreach, HTML Writers Guild