RE: MSIE and D-links/LONGDESC

From: David Norris <kg9ae@geocities.com>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 04:19:47 -0500
To: "W3c-Wai-Ig@W3. Org" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Cc: "WAI" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
On Thu May/14/98 05:31 UTC, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:

>around images in general is something I find helpful - rather than guess
>which are links and which are just images, I can easily see (if I was

On Thu May/14/98 09:12 UTC, David Norris Commented:

	Ummm, if bordered images are helpful then why not make them reliable across
UAs on your site?  Why not add a style which specifies that anchored images
should have a border.  Rather than hope the UA does it by default.  I agree
that bordered images are often helpful in this way.  I kind of like the
hover pseudo-class implemented in IE4.  I use it on occasion.  It is a great
cue for visual users when used to slightly change the border color.  That
way if it isn't apparently a link then a visual user gets a hint if they
pass over it.  Will something like hover be added to CSS proper at some
point?  Kind of tough to call since its nature is basically an event-driven
form of the link pseudo-class.  I haven't been following CSS developments
very closely for a few months.

Something like this for anchored image borders: