RE: MSIE and D-links/LONGDESC

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charlesn@sunrise.srl.rmit.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 10:25:31 +1000 (EST)
To: "Charles (Chuck) Oppermann" <chuckop@MICROSOFT.com>
cc: WAI <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
The point was that the ALT text does not appear, since the odds of
hitting it by accident and getting the tool-tip text are vanishingly
small. In Netscape, the object is displayed at the correct size to fit in
the alt text - this is much more friendly.

Netscape places a border around images used as links by default. That
way I don't have to guess where the links are and where the plain images are.
If I wrote a stylesheet I might specify no borders, but I personally find
them very handy.

(I can tab to it fine, but I can only read half of the status bar - the
half that doesn't tell me what I'm getting)

Charles McCathieNevile