RE: D-link and LONGDESC (GL type stuff)

From: Charles (Chuck) Oppermann <chuckop@MICROSOFT.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 14:19:13 -0700
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
<<
As far as I know, browsers will necessarily limit the number of characters
that render in an ALT attribute, so I imagine this will also be true for
LONGDESC when it's widely supported. If this is so, how else could song
lyrics heard in a midi file be made accessible to a deaf person WITHOUT
resorting to a text-only or D-link page?

Not true.  I've had ALT text in Internet Explorer longer than 3K characters.
SGML/HTML do not define a maximum length.

LONGDESC is a HREF to another page that can have as much markup as needed.