Research on Accessibility

From: Andrea Elliott <a.elliott@hud.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 14:35:35 +0100
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org ('smtp: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org')

Hello

My name is Andrea and I am doing a Masters Degree in Disability Studies at Leeds University (UK).

I am doing my thesis on Disabled People and the use of the internet. I have looked at the W3 website for inspiration on testing the accessibility of websites.

I would like to produce a questionnaire and place it on the net and ask disabled people to complete it. The questionnaire will ask them to look at several major websites in the UK (probably utility related) and ask them to report back on the accessibility of these websites.

Does any of the list members know of any similar research that has been undertaken in the past? If so please can you point me in the right direction.

Your tiime and help is appreciated.

Andrea