Re: Washington Post Posting - comments

From: David Poehlman <poehlman@clark.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 11:00:07 -0400 (EDT)
To: Charles McCathieNevile <charlesn@sunrise.srl.rmit.edu.au>
cc: Gregg Vanderheiden <GV@TraceCenter.org>, IG - WAI Interest Group List <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
there are a couple of images with no alt text in them and I'd suggest a
presentation page with a choice of text or graphical/universal pages
rather than embedding the choice within the page that may not be
accessable to older browsers.  I was also disappointed not to readily find
a mailto for feedback on the site.

On Mon, 6 Apr 1998, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:

> The site is not bad in Lynx (Image maps are still a mess - the answer
> seems to be to use seperate images, each as a link. In this particular
> case it would be a big improvement)
>
> In 24pt Font the standard graphics version is still pretty messy though.
> And why put a text only link at the bottom instead of the top?
>
> A good start, but clearly a long way to go.
>
> Charles

Hands-On-Technolog(eye)s
touching the internet
voice: 1-(301) 949-7599