physically disabled and the internet

From: Oliver Strauch <sir_oliver@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 14:06:44 CET
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Dear Interest Group!

While searching for datas about (physically) disabled persons and their
use of the internet I found the websites about the WAI project.
Mr. Dardailler told me to contact you for help.

For university research I'm looking for datas about physically disabled
persons and their use of the internet especially WWW, but I haven't been
very succesful yet. There are definitely a lot of resource websites
(WAPD, Rehabdata, etc.) but none of them has an answer to my specific
question.
So I guess if anybody can help me, it is you: I am looking for
statistics or other datas about physically disabled persons and their
use of the internet. How many of them use the internet? What do they
use? etc.

Do you know any surveys, statistics or other sources of interest?

Looking forward to your reply and thanks very much for your help in
advance.

Oliver Strauch
Germany