Re: contact with developers (was RE: webwatch-l What To Do About .gif Files)

From: Scott Luebking <phoenixl@netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 16:10:30 -0800 (PST)
To: phoenixl@netcom.com, poehlman@clark.net
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Hi,

Actually, I'm not sure how many business web sites are concerned
about reaching all possible customers.  From what I've been
seeing on the different web master mailing lists I monitor,
the idea seems to be to attract as many customers while minimizing
effort.  Most webmasters on these lists seem unconcerned about people
who use 286's or Lynx.  I'd say a current concern is about using Java
or Javascript.  Lynx or browser's on 286's are not not getting many
webmasters' aatention.

You have an excellent point that web development software needs to
accomodate web page accessibility.  In addition, this development
software itself must be accessible.

Scott