Re: RE: Combine W3C Meetings (Was: Re: Next Policy Interest G

Bill, et al,

I have wrestled with the question of when and where to hold these meetings,
now that I am Acting leader of the T & S Domain at W3C.  I had personal
motivation to move the meetings dates, as I have another commitment during
the week of the 5th.

Unfortunately, holding these meetings surrounding the AC meeting is not
something that the W3C Staff can accomodate.  This is because we feel that
honing the presentations we make to the AC meeting is of the highest
priority, and we use the 2 days prior to the AC meeting to do that.

Also, we did announce the date and place for the IG meetings at the last
meetings, and we expect that some number of members made plans on that
basis.  It would be unfair to them to now change the dates or place.

I don't see a solution to this problem that would not inconvenience someone
planning to attend.  Do any of you?

Alan

At 12:46 PM 11/12/97 , Flanigan, Bill wrote:
>     Folks,
>
>        Why not combine the AC two-day meeting in January with ALL the
>     Interest Groups' (IG) meetings?
>        Like I said earlier, two trips to/up/down the West Coast to
>     short-lived events (1-2 days each) on successive weeks in January
>     doesn't make a whole lot of sense--but it sure eats up a lot of
>time
>     and resources.
>        Comments?
>
>     Bill Flanigan

>_________________________________
>Subject: RE: Combine W3C Meetings (Was: Re: Next Policy Interest Grou
>Author:  Yves Leroux [SMTP:Yves.Leroux@digital.com]  at DISAHUB
>Date:    11/12/97 11:48 AM
>

>Joseph,
>
>If we combine the AC and PIG meetings, I suggest the following calendar:
>
>12 January 1998        P3P Protocols and Data Transport Working Group
>Meeting
>13 January 1998       Policy Interest Group (PIG)
>14-15 January 1998      7th Advisory Committee Meeting
>
>May we have facilities for the 12 and 13 January in the San Jose Area ?
>
>Regards,
>
>Yves
Alan Kotok, Associate Chairman                          mailto:kotok@w3.org
World Wide Web Consortium                                 http://www.w3.org
MIT Laboratory for Computer Science,  545 Technology Square,  Room NE43-409
Cambridge, MA 02139, USA     Voice: +1-617-258-5728    Fax: +1-617-258-5999