RE: DESC and TABLE: descriptions for groups of elements

From: Charles (Chuck) Oppermann <chuckop@MICROSOFT.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 00:12:15 -0700
To: "gregory j. rosmaita" <oedipus@hicom.net>, "Kasday, Leonard" <kasday@att.com>
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
ICADD had a series of Table enhancements that provided non-rendering
elements to HTML to help with "unrolling" or a programmatic interface to
the table.  I do not know the specifics, but maybe Mike Paciello would
give us an update on what ICADD had for HTML tables.

I do not think using ALT in a table would be a good idea.
-Chuck