house in order?

From: William Loughborough <love26@gorge.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 11:40:54 -0700
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
As we put in suggestions for modifications to various items that should
be effected in pursuit of the goals of the Initiative we must insure
that *all* areas within the purview of the consortium are kept apprized
of the purpose so that the possibility of pointing a finger "why should
we make our software accessible when the consortium doesn't bother?" is
minimized.  In particular we must keep attention of the groups working
on various projects within W3C pointed to the WAI's goals.  Since amaya
is so heavily into the wysiwyg attitude we must constantly remind the
people working on it that the "s" in wysiwyg doesn't just refer to the
use of the word "see" as a visual thing, it is also used as "see" often
is to mean "understand" and for some people that implies wyhiwyg since
they get their access through their ears - others through touch.

One other area of interest is the PICS thingie which was touted as
another mode of assuring accessibility on the Web.  Those of us in touch
with any of these projects must remind the people actually working on
and using amaya, etc. (whatever the etc. implies <g>) that it is very
important to set a good example of attention to access.
--
Love.
            ACCESSIBILITY IS RIGHT - NOT PRIVILEGE