MEDIA - braille

From: jaap van lelieveld <Jaap.van.Lelieveld@inter.NL.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 22:25:23 +0100
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Follow up on earlier messages:

I would like to make following statements:
- Contraction and short hand writing is a personal wish.
  It can never be a generalized requirement.
- If contraction is of interest to someone be aware this is very
  language dependant.
- Be aware braille presentation is very much depending on local conditions
  like:
   - size of the braile display (number of cells)
   - Reading capabilities of the user (6-dot or 8-dot braille).
- Braille printing requires other layout rules than a braille display,
  but who prints these days?
   - Different page size
   - Different cell (many users prefer 6-dot braille on paper).

This implies local rules (CSS add-ons).

I leave the name of the media to psychologists.

Best regards,
Jaap

Message from: Jaap van Lelieveld      The Netherlands
              Chairman of EBU commission on Technical Devices and Services
E-mail:       Jaap.van.Lelieveld@inter.nl.net

USING: YARN V0.92 as an offline reader, and
       UQWK / OLMENU under UNIX for mail and news transfer