Views on some accessibility details

From: Robert Savellis <savellis@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 10:55:40 +1000
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

I have had some feedback on the AUS Accessibility Standards
for Web Design (guidelines for accessibility for Australian
Govt websites), in regards to fine-tuning some of the Standards.

However, I am not certain as to the accuracy of some of these
recommendations, therefore, I was hopeful for some expert feedback.

(1) Do the Height and Width attributes in image tags alter page load time,
or do they simply load text first?

(2) Is it the case that the vast majority of web clients wrap ALT text?

(3) Is it fair to describe the latest version of Lynx as frames capable?

(4) Finally, does validation also serve the purpose of making a site

Your views would be most welcome

Robert Savellis
Robert Savellis: Web Project Manager
Attorney General's Department