Re: The IPO?

From: Daniel Dardailler <danield@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 15:18:03 +0200
To: Chuck Letourneau <cpl@starlingweb.com>
cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

> I am sure that many of us would be interested in getting a brief update on
> the status of the WAI's International Programme Office.  Can anybody
> comment on this?

After discussing with my management what can be said in this forum, I
believe I can report the following:

- We have made an offer and are negotiating with a particular candidate
- We are waiting for the checks from industry to arrive
- We are waiting for firm start dates from the NSF and the EC funding
- We will need to raise additional money, both from industry and governments
- There will be a small steering committee consisting of individuals chosen
  by industrial supporters and government funding agencies to advise the IPO
  director.