Impacts to Windows browsers

From: Al Gilman <asgilman@access.digex.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 12:25:43 -0400 (EDT)
To: w3c-wai-hc@w3.org (HC team)
On the matter of Windows browsers, I cannot support pre-pruning
our requests to avoid touching them.

Various CEOs of billion-dollar companies have been saying things
in public about how important is it that their technology be
universally usable.  I think we owe it to them and to our
disabled clients to paint as complete and as clear a picture of
where they fall short and how it can be remedies as we can.

We may see some of our proposals rejected by the HTML WG because
the proposals are too radical in their code trashing
consequences.  But the WAI/HC should not pre-negotiate ourselves
out of asking because we make guesses as to those consequences.

-- Al

PS: a little TABLE talk momentarily...