Re: Dictionary link types

At 04:25 AM 23-09-97 -0400, Daniel Dardailler wrote:

>> Example:
>> <link href="dictionary.xml" rel="dictionary (abbreviation, phonetic)">
>
>Anyone wants to argue whether or not a syntax like:
>
><link href="dictionary.xml" rel="dictionary" class="abbreviation, phonetic">
>
>is better or worse ?

I would argue that both syntaxes are worse.
LINK was never intended to do RDF, so we
should probably not try to force-fit RDF
into LINK.

In other words, it seems that the problems
that the proposed solutions are addressing
are best solved through a mechanism for
asserting and locating resources. That is
what RDF is intended to do.