Re: Dragging

On 10/09/2019 22:22, Alastair Campbell wrote:
>     > An input/widget could well be coded to require dragging AND offer some specific custom keyboard handling (like a specific key event listener for cursor keys) ... that *would* pass 2.1.1, but still fail this proposed SC.
>
> Yes, I did say there were (at least in theory) examples like that, but given that:
>
>    > the drag'n'drop stuff from ARIA 1.0 was dropped (hah) in ARIA 1.1 exactly because of a lack of proper support.
>
> Our main conclusion was that we need to gather some examples. Is it a gap (in more than theory), and is there always a feasible method?
>
> Examples needed...

The naive ARIA slider would be an example - works for mouse and touch,
you can even single-pointer tap/click without dragging, use cursor
left/right to change value, it has all the ARIA-related roles and
attributes exposed correctly...but fails for touch+AT users (and due to
the role="slider", it announces that touch+AT users can interact with it
- using volume keys on android/swipe up/down on iOS - but that can't be
done currently via JS, at least not until AOM events are implemented
across all browsers).

https://codepen.io/patrickhlauke/pen/MMgBjZ

Patrick H. Lauke