Re: AGENDA - AGWG Meeting September 10 2019

On 10/09/2019 18:02, Delisi, Jennie (MNIT) wrote:
> Meeting minutes from today’s AGWG meeting:
> https://www.w3.org/2019/09/10-ag-minutes.html.

A small clarification on the "isn't dragging already covered by 2.1.1":
this proposed SC isn't about making sure keyboard or AT users can
operate something, but rather that users with low/reduced dexterity or
using input mechanisms that make it cumbersome to click and drag
accurately can still operate things (e.g. headwand users).

An input/widget could well be coded to require dragging AND offer some
specific custom keyboard handling (like a specific key event listener
for cursor keys) ... that *would* pass 2.1.1, but still fail this
proposed SC.

I'd note (though only realised it now, and didn't add that in my survey
answer) that this MAY still leave some edge cases where something passes
2.1.1, this proposed SC, BUT fails for touch+AT users, but it should at
least cover the gap in 2.5.1 Pointer Gestures.

Patrick H. Lauke