Fw: [RE: Agenda for Silver meeting of 23 July 2019]

​

FYI

________________________________
From: Shawn Lauriat <lauriat@google.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 20, 2019 4:54 PM
To: Abma, J.D. (Jake)
Cc: Jeanne Spellman; Jeanne Spellman; Silver TF
Subject: Re: [RE: Agenda for Silver meeting of 23 July 2019]

Jake,

Good question! From the Silver Requirements<https://w3c.github.io/silver/requirements/>, I think we have this described as clearly as we currently can in these particular sections:

  *   Design principle<https://w3c.github.io/silver/requirements/#design-principles> 3: Be flexible enough to support the needs of people with disabilities and keep up with emerging technologies. The information structure allows guidance to be added or removed.
  *   Requirement 4: Technology Neutral<https://w3c.github.io/silver/requirements/#technology-neutral>
Guidance should be expressed in generic terms so that they may apply to more than one platform or technology. The intent of technology-neutral wording is to provide the opportunity to apply the core guidelines to current and emerging technology, even if specific technical advice doesn't yet exist.
  *   Requirement 8: Scope<https://w3c.github.io/silver/requirements/#scope-0>
The guidelines provide guidance for people and organizations that produce digital assets and technology of varying size and complexity. Our intent is to provide guidance for a diverse group of stakeholders including content creators, browsers, authoring tools, assistive technologies, and more.

Hope that helps!

-Shawn