RE: CFC - WCAG 2.2 requirements document

+0.  I agree with Katie, that this aspect of changing the criteria for newer versions is likely to be confusing and adding additional criteria while not optimal will show a succession of building on top of the existing requirements and allow for more clear reporting against different versions at the same time.

Jonathan

From: Katie Haritos-Shea <ryladog@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2019 4:23 PM
To: Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>
Cc: Alastair Campbell <acampbell@nomensa.com>; WCAG list <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Subject: Re: CFC - WCAG 2.2 requirements document

-1 = as stated on calls, I think NEW requirements should have a NEW identifier, modifying a currently numbered SC will cause confusion. I do not agree with this specific statement in the Reqs document:

" WCAG 2.x specifications are expected to offer modifications to existing success criteria as well as offer additional guidelines and success criteria but WCAG 2.x requirements may not weaken what is required generally of web content to be considered conformant to either.  "

* katie *

Katie Haritos-Shea
Principal ICT Accessibility Architect,
Vice President of Accessibility at EverFi,
Board Member and W3C Advisory Committee Rep for Knowbility

WCAG/Section 508/ADA/AODA/QA/FinServ/FinTech/Privacy, IAAP CPACC+WAS = CPWA<http://www.accessibilityassociation.org/cpwacertificants>

Cell: 703-371-5545<tel:703-371-5545> | ryladog@gmail.com<mailto:ryladog@gmail.com> | Oakton, VA | LinkedIn Profile<http://www.linkedin.com/in/katieharitosshea/>

People may forget exactly what it was that you said or did, but they will never forget how you made them feel.......

Our scars remind us of where we have been........they do not have to dictate where we are going.