From: Alastair Campbell <acampbell@nomensa.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2019 5:55 AM
To: WCAG list <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Subject: Focus (more) visible

Hi everyone,

Based on the comments in yesterday’s call I’ve created the 1st-draft understanding doc for focus (more) visible SC:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1g9_WBgfhViWAaRFIWWt10CP5rBsEVIWm3vT1vWqrHvI/edit?usp=sharing

That doc is open for comments.

When I say “based on the comments”, I’ve mostly tried to explain it better. I’m fairly sure the SC text/approach is the best way, but it does need explaining better!

Also of interest might be this test page:
https://alastairc.uk/tests/wcag22-examples/focus-more-visible.html

You can see the effect of measuring adjacent-color vs change-of-color on the results.

I still need to consider the add-an-SC vs update-an-SC comments from Bruce and Katie (and JF), I want to track the knock-on effects of the scenarios before commenting.

Kind regards,

-Alastair

--

www.nomensa.com<http://www.nomensa.com/>
tel: +44 (0)117 929 7333 / 07970 879 653

Company number: 4214477 | UK VAT registration: GB 771727411